Friday, April 15, 2011

Who knew this day existed

Today was the Celebration of the Young Child. Which I guess exists not only at my school and is really on April 15th.

Anyways was on a Friday and a great excuse to party ALL DAY!!!

My school had a big jumpy house with a slide and some how i was token teacher that was inside the jumpy house. Mind you it was like a sauna in there.

My kids were soo excited to get to be in the jumpy house although sadly some were out because of pink eye or vacation and 3 didn't really like it. Think I ended up with 6 jumpy house die hards.

I got to paint on their arms (not faces) but it was still fun. Not sure how excited some parents were when they picked up their child with paint smeared on their arms but whatever!

We even got ice cream this afternoon, which was awesome! My Jamba Juice scooping came into great help and I really enjoyed watching two year olds eat ice cream dripping all over their faces and down the cone. One little girl actually bit off the bottom of the cone. :)

Here are a couple pictures from my class today and this week!

Oh PS. the Director of my school told me yesterday that my class is the ONLY class that has not had one complaint ALL year! Might just be the best compliment...to bad I don't get a raise for that!
This week we decided to play with wind up water toys, it was so fun to watch and my little guy that never does anything for longer than a few minutes stood there for a good ten minutes.

It quickly became a splash fest and I ended up having to change basically everyones clothes, Great activity I know! hahaha!
We have also started doing more fine motor things like putting cheerios on pipe cleaners to make bracelets. Mistake number one telling them they could eat the broken ones.

As you can see this little guy is eating cheerios and there are none on his pipe cleaner. :)
My paintings consisted of flowers, heart, lion, cat, balloon, rainbow, bat, dolphin and butterfly. They got better as the day went on!
Watching kids eat ice cream=PRICELESS!!
And the Jumpy house was a hit not only for my 2's but the toddler class too! Since we were with the little kids my class had to stop doing flips! JK!

They are definitely better with log rolls, frog jumps and the chicken dance.

I'll have you know, I'm currently teaching my kiddos how to do the Robot and Air Guitar!!! And they rock at it!!

My class is AWESOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment