Saturday, July 24, 2010

Something New..

"I kept Runnin." -Forest Gump

Tomorrow I'm running the Wharf to Wharf which is a six mile run from Santa Cruz to Capitola.

From what I hear there are bands playing along the way, balloon arches at every mile and people just having a good time being healthy.

I do admit I am a fan of shows like Biggest Loser and the most recent Losing It with Jillian Michaels.

And I've realized how much of life and working out it like 90% mental.

It is a constant mind game.

Your body will do anything, it is just wrapping your mind around it.

I'm really excited to run the wharf to wharf this year with my friend Sandi and her sisters.

I've actually never ran 6 miles straight before so we'll see.

I'm sure this is something I should have trained a little more for.

I'll keep you posted on if we survive! :)

Happy Summer Everyone!!
Hope you all take some time this summer to put on your tennis shoes and go out for a walk or run! The flowers out and around are beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. You actually inspired me to get out for a walk this morning! You're such a positive influence! MIss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay there Kelly! I'm glad I've inspired you to get outside and walk. And to talk about inspiration look at yourself too. You're amazing. I look at your blog and everything you are doing with Gabe and he could not be more blessed with the two most loving parents. You guys are so knowledgeable and just loving individuals. I'm hoping sometime to be able to come up to the Sacramento and visit you and Julia. Miss you girls!!! And I'm really happy to have met you. Take care and know that if you ever need anything or find yourself in San Jose I'm always here! Hugs- Kristina

    ReplyDelete