Sunday, September 19, 2010

Memom's 80th Birthday!!

Last week we celebrated my Memom's 80th Birthday!

We had a party for her and 60 of her close friends and family were there.

It was so great to see her beaming with joy and smiling to see her loved ones all in one place.
This is a picture of my Memom and her four children: Uncle Dave, my Mom, Memom, Auntie and Uncle Joe.

My Memom was a nurse and was an RN for many years. Some of these ladies worked with my grandma out at the hospital. My grandma is so social and had so many friends from different things in her life.

She sings in the choir at our church and has done that for as long as I can remembe. She is also a part of the YLI which stands for Young Lady Institute. Above is a picture of her and her ladies. She is also a part of a bible study group that meets once a week. And many more organizations that I don't know the name of.

I have a special place in my heart for older people. As many of you may know I used to take care of my other grandma who we called Avo. She moved in with us around January 2006 having Alzheimer's and slowing getting worse. My Memom was a saving grace and helped me twice a week with my Avo so that I could go to school. She would make me breakfast and get me off to school on time. I had a very hard time trying to get through Jr College not only watching my Avo, but working at Jamba juice every weekend, nannying 3 five year olds 2 days a week while being my Avo's primary care taker. My Memom was one of my Angels and Inspiration through it all.

I've always felt a very close to my Memom, I think we are very similar in the way we love and our out look on people and life. At her party I put together a slide show for her and it came out really well. I thought about getting up there and saying thank you to my Memom for all the times she helped me with my Avo and one of the reasons I didn't loose my mind during that tough time is contributed directly to her. So much of me wanted to get up but I knew I'd just cry, hard to believe I know, but I'm totally sensitive! When I love someone so much putting words to do justice to the amount of love I feel is really difficult for me.

She is a gift from God and touches the life of everyone she meets.

Memom, You will probably never know how much I love, respect and look up to you!

Thank you for all that you do!

I LOVE YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment