Monday, March 22, 2010

ALL Aboard!

Yesterday evening I took the train from San Jose back home. It is always an experience in itself.

I’ve been to the train station many times, mainly from picking up and dropping off Ryan when he used to come visit me from Davis. And the best part is when I try and get to the train station I take the wrong exit every time. It never fails!

My mom drove me to the train station tonight and there is something so much more sad about saying goodbye before getting on a train compared to leaving from home in a car. Just makes it seem like you are going so much farther.

I got on the train and found my seat, a single chair facing forward next to a plug for my computer. I think the best part about the train is the people on the train.

Around me there is a guy with longer hair than me, no shoes, two bags. I think he must a traveler or a hippie or both. He kept to himself but his body oder did not.

There is the creeper that walks by more than like five times. Really where is he going? I can't help but think he never bought a ticket and is trying to avoid the train staff.

The mom with two kids, a little girl like 3 and a boy maybe 6, both intrigued by the lights outside and the tunnel we went through. Asking questions about the train and why this why that? What’s this? I just can see their minds learning from this experience. The little girl of course wants to walk around and the mom says no. The little guy plays a DS for a bit and then plays with some stickers, placing one on his forehead and making faces in the reflection of the window. Totally made me laugh!

A young guy whose destination is Davis which I’m sure I where he goes to school. Makes me think of all the train travel Ryan did to visit me. He plays with an ipod and crashes out in like ten minutes.

An older lady who gets up and walks around, she tries to talk to those around her, but then gets soo wrapped up in a book.

I’m the girl who sits by herself typing on her computer with head phones on. I smile at people if they look at me but I normally keep to myself on the train. Because sometimes once you open the flood gates of conversation with someone it may never end. Haha!

All in all it was a good travel day!



No comments:

Post a Comment