Monday, April 19, 2010

Church Camp

This weekend I went to my church Confirmation Retreat. It was the 7th year for Ryan and I. Holy crap 7 years! Already! We make a slideshow composed of pictures from the entire weekend and then present it at the end of the retreat when the parents come to pick up there kids.

This retreat was one of the best retreats I've been too. The kids were great and talkative and willing to open their hearts. I really bonded with a girl in my cabin and I really hope she comes back next year to be a JC (Junior Facilitator) actually I can't wait to see how many of these teens do. And I'm so excited to be close to Hollister to help Sandi plan fun trips and activities for these teens. I think that with group we can do a lot more, like maybe a guy and girl retreat.

At the retreat there are 7 talks that pertain to the 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit, courage, knowledge, reverence, understanding, right judgement, wisdom and awe. I was asked to give one and I said no. And the whole weekend I regretted my decision. I know I would have done a great job and I think I was lacking the courage to do so. When I think about the 7 gifts I wonder which one I could talk about and Im not sure, but I know I have a gift to share. God gives us the story but we have the choice to share it!

I had an emotional weekend, but tried to keep most of it in. It doesn't help when you leaving to the retreat already in an emotional state. I'm in a place in my life where everything that I know is coming to an end. I'm going to be graduating in May, in just 5 weeks! A lot of unknowns are always on my mind and the anticipation and change is always difficult, yet exciting.

At the retreat there are big sheets of paper all around the room with your picture in the middle and it is called an affirmation sheet. This is where throughout the weekend anyone can write something on it affirming you. Ryan and I always take a picture together. Someone wrote that, "you two give the example of God loving couple good meaning." Someone else wrote, "the dynamic duo! Christ is alive and lives so brightly in your hearts." "You are our Angels." WOW! It is all just nice to hear! And I think we need to take the time to affirm the people in our life more often.

I need to continue to keep God and the holy spirit in my heart and life to help strengthen me and live the best life I can, and keep Living Out Love (LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment