Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The end of an era

So I'm in my last semester in College and I'm SO ready to be done! Well, part of me is so ready to be done and the other part of me knows I am going to probably get hit with the stresses of real life and want to go back to college. Hello student loan, car payment, and Rent.

I've been in college for 5 years now and couldn't be more proud to have almost made it to the end of the journey. I've had many ups and some downs too. When I look back at my time at Gav I am so proud! Yes I did fail about 7 classes but it was all worth it. I had the opportunity to take care of my grandma Avo (which means grandma in Portuguese.) She has been one of the most influential people in my life. I learned a ton in the year and a half that she lived with us and struggled too, but I never lost faith. If I had the choice to do it all again I would!! Then I moved to Davis to be with Ry and go to Sac State, had the best year of my life and was bummed when he graduated and decide to move to Stanford. But then I got the chance to move to Sac and live with my best friend Crystina, which has been nothing short of amazing. This year has been a big growing year for me!

I was talking to a friend the other night and I told her that I feel like it's almost the end and I'm running out of time and she smiled and replied or is the beginning about to start. She is so right! My life is about to begin! And I couldn't be more excited and thrilled! I'm so happy to be close to Hollister and look for a job that I can love and succeed at.

So this weekend Ryan, Jena and I had the chance to move some furniture into our new condo in SJ! It is BEAUTIFUL!! And I'm so excited to get to start life there very soon and get to call it home. Although I'm so excited to live with Jena for the first time and Ryan again, I'm so sad to not live with my bestie Crystina. Crystina and I have had a great year! I've loved every second of it! We laugh ALL the time and this time together was definitely the best possible gift we could have ever given to each other.

So, as I count down the time until I graduate, it is the end of an educational era but the beginning to a career and life that I cant wait to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment